1965 – 1969
The Helsinki University of Technology Library was built in Otaniemi, Espoo.
The building was designed by the architect Alvar Aalto (1898-1976) during 1964-1968.
The construction work begins in 1968.
The library began operating as the Main Library of Helsinki University of Technology in January.
The library was retitled Otaniemi Campus Library and became part of Aalto University Library.
The building has a central location in Otaniemi campus next to the Alvari Square.
2015 – 2016
The building was completely renovated. The renovation was designed by NRT Architects.
Aalto University Library was retitled Aalto University Learning Centre.
The building was named Harald Herlin Learning Centre.
The name pays tribute to Bror Harald Herlin (1874-1941),
who was a Finnish engineer, entrepreneur and industrialist.
Harald Herlin Learning Centre won the Finlandia Prize for Architecture on 2 October.